Today, I am talking about a type of giving that so many of us forget and that’s giving ourselves the gift of self-care!
A few highlights from this interview include:
- I share a story of when I was working with a coach and he asked me to write down all of my priorities. The list included my business, my nonprofit, and my family. My coach noticed something that was missing on that list and it was ME! That really opened my eyes and realize that I AM a priority! When you can take care of yourself, the better you can take care of others.
- I break down the different ways of filling up our take. These can be as simple as making sure that you had lunch today! I share some tips on how I made sure that I was making sure that I was a priority. Also, as you are listening to this, write that 3 things that fill you up! What gives you joy? Make sure you are fitting these into your schedule!
- Reach out to your support system. Look to the people that inspire you the most. Going to these people for help is also an example of self-care!
- Are you growing? What is something that you are doing intentionally to grow? This another way of taking care of you! Some things that I do to grow is listening to podcasts like this one to continue to inspire me and think more!
- “In life, without self-care, It’s kind of like driving a car on empty.” – Mandi Monaghan
- “The more I focused on being in a space of passion and inspiration, the more energy I had to really be interested in what other people are passionate about.” – Mandi Monaghan
- “We were created to grow!” – Mandi Monaghan