Ashley’s extraordinary daughter Emma was just three years old when she was told her mother that she wanted to help her community by feeding the homeless.
As her Mother, Ashley was touched by how much her daughter wanted to help others. So, set she made it her mission to find ways for her daughter to do just that!
In our interview, we share how we were first introduced and the difference all of the children are making at The Kid 4 Kid foundation! We also talk about what you can do for your child if they come to you with a passion for giving!
A few highlights from this interview include:
- Ashley shares how her 3-year-old daughter, Emma was inspired to give to the homeless in a big way!
- When Emma was just 6 years old, she wrote an “I had a dream” paper for Martin Luther King day and instead of writing about going to Disneyland, she wrote that she dreams of a place where no one would be sick and that she would be able to help feed the homeless!
- As a real estate agent, Ashley shares her family agreement where she take a portion out of each home she sells and the whole family finds a way to use that money to give back to others.
- There was just one roadblock when finding nonprofits that would allow young children to volunteer. It was that the age limit was at least 12 years old. That was when Ashley reached out to me and Kid4Kid was created for children that want to help their community at any age.
- Emma is now 6 years old and is also influencing her little sister to give as well.
- Ashley says that her own children are giving her the motivation and inspiration to continue giving in a huge way!
- We share some advice for other parents when their children want to give and how we should respond to that.
- Ashley shares some ways that you can do to teach your children about giving.
- “If we are nurturing these qualities in our kids while they are young and they have hearts that are open, that is only going to benefit their character going forward.” – Ashley Ahee
- “Life is bigger than just what we have in our own small bubble.” – Ashley Ahee
- “What can I do each day to empower others and make a positive impact in their day?” – Ashley Ahee
- Make a Donation! www.k4kgives.org
- Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or find out more about The Kids 4 Kids Foundation.
- If you are in the Arizona area and looking to buy or sell your home, give Ashley a call at (623) 229-7221.
- Visit us at Your Life of Contribution for more Inspirational stories.
- Share your story of Contribution and engage with Inspiration Nation on Facebook.