While most students focus on where the best parties are, Lucas Bryner sought ways to help prevent suicide. He saw a big problem among his classmates and wanted to make a change. So, he created a social media account full of inspiring messages and videos — these alone helped thousands across the country and he hopes to help many more!
A few highlights from this interview include:
– Lucas noticed something happening in his high school and he shares what he did to create a big change for his classmates.
– Lucas started a social media account called “Inspiration with Lucas” where he posts positive messages to encourage other young adults and prevent suicidal deaths. These posts later inspired him to create short Youtube videos to share inspiration there too.
– What inspired Lucas to start such an amazing project.
– Lucas shares some tips on how to deal with the negative thoughts that we struggle with daily.
– How important it is to surround yourself with positive people.
– What are some of Lucas’s goals for “Inspiration with Lucas”?
– How he was able to find the good in some pain that he has experienced.
– What are some ways others can inspire others through social media?
What our Interview Here!
Lucas is from Buenos Aires, Argentina. He lives in Phoenix, Arizona and speaks both English and Spanish, which is a big advantage living in this extraordinary country. Lucas is also a graduate from the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism as of May 2017.
He loves basketball, listening to music, being with his family, and doing things outdoors. Lucas loves meeting new people and getting to know their story for him to relate to them and know why they are the way they are.
- “I wanted to create the change that a lot of people weren’t making.” – Lucas Bryner
- “Instead of partying, I was creating content for what I am going to post that day.” – Lucas Bryner
- “You need to start encouraging yourself before you can see results on the outside.” – Lucas Bryner
- “If you go with the flow of everyone else, it can lead you down the wrong path.” – Lucas Bryner
- “You’re going to become the people you associate with.” – Lucas Bryner
- “Have the mindset of helping others.” – Lucas Bryner
- “You can touch someone’s heart with a video.” – Lucas Bryner
- See all that Mandi has to offer at Your Life of Contribution.
- Email Mandi to continue the conversation!
- Find and engage with Inspiration Nation on Facebook.